We were saddened to hear that Arlington has decided to cancel their summer programs for 2020, but we certainly understand the decision based on the circumstances. The vast array of locations and different programs offered makes it very difficult to adhere to state and local guidelines regarding the covid-19 pandemic.
We have been monitoring best practices for camps from the State, the CDC, and the American Camp Association and feel that due to the largely outdoor nature of our camps, that we can offer our programs in a way that will remain safe for both campers and staff.
As a result, we plan to hold camps for the summer at this point. We are still waiting on directions from the Governor as to when Phase I and II openings might begin in the Northern Virginia area.
What does this mean for you?
The camp that you signed up for through our partnership as a vendor with Arlington Parks and Rec has been cancelled.
We will be offering a similar camp the same week that is not associated with Arlington Parks and Rec. The meeting location will be changed to a spot in the immediate vicinity of Gunston Community Center, to be determined in the next week.
Your registration will automatically be transferred to this camp unless you should choose to cancel. Should you choose to cancel, we will be providing a voucher in the amount you paid for camp to be redeemed for other programs this summer, programs during the school year, or for camp next summer.
We understand that some people would prefer a full refund. Unfortunately, refunds are not possible at this time. Like the vast majority of small businesses in the United States, we have been hit extremely hard the last several months and are doing everything we can to keep paying the bills and keep staff employed so that we can continue to provide the same awesome outdoor experiences for youth we have been providing for the last 15 years. A portion of camp tuitions has already been spent on rent, staff, vans, equipment, and insurance.
Should you choose to automatically transfer to the alternate camp, meeting at the same times but a different location, you do not need to do anything at this time. We will be relaying the specific meeting location in the next few days, but it will be close to Gunston Community Center
Should you choose to withdraw, please contact Brittany Deleon (email@example.com )directly.
We hope you and your families and loved ones are safe, and we look forward to getting outside soon!